Children & Teens
We have programs for counseling children and teens starting at age 3. Our programs are centered on nurturing the spiritual element, offering a variety of therapy programs to work with anxiety, stress, problem solving and increasing a personal centering. All which promotes a general sense of well-being and safety in youth.
Our facility features a specialized child therapy room, perfect for children and their family members to gather and participate in healing activities and build stronger bonds.
Our child and teen counseling services include:
- Nutritional counseling – to assist decreasing behavioral health problems and physical pain disorders and other health-related disorders
- Nature Oriented Therapies
- Expressive Therapies – Music and Movement Therapies
- Meditation and Relaxation Therapies – Anxiety and Stress Reduction
- At-Risk Child Intervention & Therapies
- Family-System Intervention Therapies
Complex child and adolescent issues
Today’s children of all ages are interacting in their school and other social peer group without understanding how to protect themselves and without understand the fundamentals of boundary setting. Further, they may now know how to communicate about these issues with their parents or caregivers, providing teens with the opportunity to take part in their own counseling allows them to further develop skills which promote independence. Therapy for children and adolescents and teens can help them improve their overall functioning at home, school, within the family, and with peers/social environment.
Counseling for children and teens promotes a general sense of well-being.
- Teen increasingly oppositional & defiant
- Chemical dependency
- School failure – drop in grades
- Struggles with peer relationships
- Gender role & sexual identity questioning
- Self-harm behaviors
- Increased sadness
- Stress management
- Social skills
- Lack of meaningful relationships
- Teen pregnancy
- Medical/physical illness
- Parent separation & divorce